Cross Platform Mobile App for IoT Enabled Smart Appliances
A “Smart” Technology Partner for a Kitchenware Giant
India’s leading houseware company needed a technology partner to handhold them through building a web and mobile platform for their state-of-the-art range of Smart Appliances.
IncubXperts built a cross-platform mobile app to operate IoT enabled lunch boxes and water bottles. Channels to operate also include Alexa and Google voice skills.
- The Mobile App uses messaging service in the cloud (MQTT protocol) to communicate with the Smart Tiffin or Bottle.
- The App is used to configure the User preferences. i.e. The time of lunch / dinner, the home address, office address, etc. Users can set a schedule for the smart tiffin on a daily or ad-hoc basis. The smart tiffin follows the set schedule and sends push reminders to the user as and when the food is warmed up and ready to eat.
- The tiffin is switched on-off either based on the time configured or when the individual enters the geofence created for the tiffin.
- Smart bottle users can track their water intake in real-time, set a daily intake target and get periodic reminders to stay hydrated from the app. Detailed hydration history analytics are also available on the app.
- An accompanying management console provides intelligent analytics around device usage statistics (Active devices in geography, % active users, Trends of usage over time etc).
MQTT communication, Flutter, .NET Web API, ASP.NET MVC, Angular 7, IFTTT, Geoaware, Alexa Voice, Alexa Skill Kit, Google Home Assist, Custom Skills on Alexa and Google, QR Scanner, Python for real-time Google Home
- Enabled users to operate the smart device from any location without minimum distance restrictions.
- User friendly due to compatibility with AI assistants.
- Empowered the marketing department to make wise go-to-market decisions with device usage statistics available on the management console.